Interactive displays, workshops (start at 9.30), Competitions & activities! Celebrating Southland’s home harvest. Bring along your best or most interesting fruit & vegetables for the display or just come to look & learn.
Workshops may include the following (to be confirmed):
- Saving your own vegetable & herb seed.
- Setting up an orchard
- Intro to permaculture for home gardeners.
- Boutique beer brewing.
- Sprouting, juicing and smoothies
- Willow weaving talk
- Make your own fruit wines
- Bee keeping
- Make your own sun dial
- Flax weaving
- Making sourdough bread
- Beginners food fermentation
- Raising an organic baby
- Beginners guide to vegetable gardening, with local garden tour.