Wendy will come to Auckland and present her talk on Friday 26th Feb.
Cost: $15.00. No booking required
Wendy Cook is a UK cook, teacher, speaker and writer on nutritional issues (she is the author of ‘Foodwise’ and ‘Biodynamic Food and Cookbook’) .
She is interested in the energetic component of food and is a passionate advocate for organic biodynamic agriculture. Motivated by the experience of having an asthmatic child she studied Macrobiotics and then Biodynamic approach to nutrition and agriculture. She has over 30 years of experience, cooking and teaching in clinics, communities and schools.
She has a particular interest in:
- looking at food with an awareness of what it is, from the way it is grown to the way it is prepared and how it is eaten
- the effect of food on consciousness, subtle energies in food;
- re-empowering people with life-skills;
- cooking as the transformation of raw materials through fire, the right combining of ingredients
- Qualities of Biodynamic produce
- how to bring balance, in menu planning and retaining and enhancing the vitality in our food.
to hear Wendy Cook's interview on National radio: http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/20100224
Wendy was also on Good Morning TV wed 17 Feb.
This event has been made possible and more affordable thanks to the support of the Promotheus Foundation, Kete Ora Trust, and Ceres Wholefoods. Detail of her NZ tour are visible on http://www.biodynamic.org.nz/WCk_itin.pdf