I have a bio loo -indoor composting toilet, Im very happy with it, but recently I did my first empty of it ( after 2 yrs of usage) and discovered that all the tiger worms I had put in it have dissapeared! Has anyone out there had experience with this does anyone know where i went wrong.I not sure if theyve died or run away, any suggestios are welcome

Views: 559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

We are investigating using composting toilets in our next house. Would be interested to hear about how you went about making the decision which product to use?

hi there

there were a number of reasons for going with the bio loo ,my house is 120 yrs old and has no waste system only had an outside long drop for a toilet. I looked into various types of waste systems such a rotatating bucket system, composting toilets and digging another long drop.I didnt want to be empting waste buckets so that left the composting toilet, I found mine on trade me a guy in the north island makes them, it sounded like the sort of thing i needed so i installed one-not an easy job it involved lots of digging as the large bio loo container needs to be under the house, lucky for me my house is on a hill so it wasnt to bad - it couldnt be done otherwise it would be ok if you were building new and you put it in then.Mines been in two yrs and so far so good-apart from my worms going walk abouts 

1 was the cost - a septic tank system was around $15000, the bio loo all put in cost me $5000

2 I like the idea of being responisble for my own waste

3 I can put the resulting compost on the garden (after 2 more yrs in a compost bin)

RSS

What's Buzzing? 

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2019   Created by Pete Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service