Let us know what works and what doesn't work for you on the Ooooby site. We are planning upgrades so your feedback is invaluable.

Please leave your comments below. Positive and negative.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am really enjoying ooooby and love the site. I think it would be cool if the the topics in 'Things to do and see on Ooooby' was divided into subcatergories. For example, when people clicked on 'growing tips they then got an option of plant identification, pests and diseases, compost, companion planting etc...
I don't find the live traffic feed section very useful. I think that space could be used more effectively. Maybe you could have a small 'featured plant' section, short gardening tips or upcoming events listed there instead.
Once again, great site. Thanks for putting it together.
This is great idea
Pete said:
Hey Guys,
An idea that I think would be great is a planting / transplanting / harvesting calendar - this could come up on everyones "My Page"
Pete

It would need to be customised for latitude though. What I'm planting now in Auckland NZ wont even be right for Wellington, let alone Dunedin and will be totally out of whack with Boston and Burnley.

But if you can pull it off it will be cool

And if we can add geolocation to our accounts (which would be needed for the above) finding ways to add weather alerts and climate data would be excellent.

No pressure.
=)
Another great idea

Katharine said:
I am really enjoying ooooby and love the site. I think it would be cool if the the topics in 'Things to do and see on Ooooby' was divided into subcatergories. For example, when people clicked on 'growing tips they then got an option of plant identification, pests and diseases, compost, companion planting etc...
I don't find the live traffic feed section very useful. I think that space could be used more effectively. Maybe you could have a small 'featured plant' section, short gardening tips or upcoming events listed there instead.
Once again, great site. Thanks for putting it together.

And can we add a recommend button so that I don't have to do a full reply just to say I agree?

That way you would be able to see which ideas were getting the most traction from users.
Is there an option for threading in the replies? Its better not to have to quote somethign so you know where it refers.
A monthly to do list would be great - what to plant, what to harvest, what tasks need to be completed. I know that when I first started out I had know idea at all this may help newbies???
There is a website called myfolia.com that has some features that would be great for Ooooby -like a system that organises swaps and exchanges,facility for keeping track of plantings and seeds,and a neat timeline.
It's well worth having a look at.
Thanks Hester. That is a great tip. I'll look into it.

Hester Robson said:
There is a website called myfolia.com that has some features that would be great for Ooooby -like a system that organises swaps and exchanges,facility for keeping track of plantings and seeds,and a neat timeline.
It's well worth having a look at.
Hi,
I do struggle a bit with the site but maybe what I am expecting is the problem.I thought there would be swapping of plants and food but I click on sharing and the page doesn't seem to be there.The permaculture design group could help those of us without this diploma by setting up an ooooby permaculture question and answers to design issues...or how to get started??
K
Trying to get something local and live going. It may be fall before I get this accomplished. Fun to keep up with what is happening in both hemispheres. I am really enjoying being a part of Ooooby no matter how small.
Ahh. Good point. Thanks for the feedback Robbie.

Robbie Deighton said:
I noticed the 'latest activity' section has been moved over to the left. I preferred it on the right as it was available on all pages that way. Now it's only accessible from the main page.
hi
Great website - thanks Pete. May I suggest that the events have the location / area more prominently shown on the header? Although events and meetings in other parts of NZ are interesting, a local event or meeting will immediately alert me to what is happening here, and if I can attend. I believe this will be more important as Ooooby grows.

Thanks
Judy
Kerikeri

RSS

What's Buzzing? 

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Pete Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service