A good place to start if you have a technical question, is www.ning.com/help

If you don't find an answer there, or your question relates to some aspect of the Ooooby community then ask it here, and wait a while and someone will get back to you.

If you think you have an answer to someone's question, please DO jump in and help them out.

Tags: Help

Views: 1211

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi is there a special place that members are to exchange addresses? Or do we just put it into the discussion thread that we are communicating on?
hello Fee, invite the person as a friend (click on their photo & when they accept your request, you can send them a private message) You never know who's out their and you don't want to end up on a spam mailing listing if you can avoid it:)
love oooby but i haven't found time for it how do i leave or stop emails?

hello Fee, if you'd like to stay on ooooby and just stop emails until you have more time, log in and click on the stop email bombardment link in the top left hand corner of the page and check the option at the bottom of the page Turn off all emails.

However, if you'd prefer to leave altogether, click on profile in the top left of the same page and right at the bottom, click the leave ooooby option.

I've started a seed-saving /swapping group (Sandringham Seed Pods) on here and I'm wondering if there is some way to post an excel spreadsheet that people with seeds can add their details onto, so that instead of scrolling through heaps of messages, they can scroll down or maybe even search the spreadsheet?

Thanks

I suggest creating a spreadsheet as a new Google Doc (via a Google account) with Sharing options set to "Anyone with the link can edit" and then create a "Short URL" that you can post where ever you want within Ooooby and elsewhere.

If you're not sure how to do this, you can Google any of these words or phrases to find out.

How do I get the photo I posted of Vortex up instead of the current flames?

Hello Christine, click on settings on the top right of the page and from there, click on edit current photo. Browse to where you've stored the photo (you might want to save it to your desktop before you start this exercise) and double click on the photo that you wish to use.  If you've already tried this and it won't upload, it could be that the photo is too big.  In that case, right click on the picture and select option to email it to yourself.  You will be asked whether you want to retain the same size or reduce it, select option to make smaller and it will become an attachment to the email. Open that attachment and save it to your desktop and start again. Hope that this helps. Let me know if you need any clarification.

I want to promote the Ooooby site and my group within it at an event: is it possible to get a copy of the Ooooby Out of our own back yards logo to use on a flier?

Hi, I just joined, and

1. wonder how to offer my fruit tree (1 meter Tamarillo in a pot) for a swap, for Waiheke OOOBYers only as I don't want to take the ferry with it. So my question is where to put my swap offer so Waiheke OOObyers see it?

2.: is there a way to get advice from others on what a plant is, based on a photo I upload? I am completely ignorant about what all is growing wild in my bush section, what is a weed, what is not. Is there an "identify this plant" place on this site?

Hi Susan,

Welcome. There's an Ooooby Waiheke group (you can find it by searching for Waiheke, under Groups). This would be a good place to offer the Tamarillo tree. If you get no takers, try Waiheke Trading on Facebook.

You could try using the same Waiheke Group to upload a photo and ask for help identifying it. Or ask one of your neighbours - which is probably more effective  :-)

James

Hi, Dumb question...I can't figure out how to change my profile picture. I thought I'd done it, but now it just shows up as part of a discussion. That's not where I want it.

Please help! Thank you :-))

sandra Eckert

RSS

Local Food to Your Door

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2014   Created by Pete Russell.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service