I have been sent a couple of emails regarding the risk of food poisoning from using leftover onions. It "seems" that cutting open and then storing leftover onions in the fridge to be used can cause food poisoning due to onions being a magnet for bacteria. No matter how well stored they are or how short a time they are kept for- once you cut an onion either use it immediately or throw out. Does anyone else know if this is in fact correct or just another email myth? Seems such a shame to throw out - but it could explain stomach upsets for no other known reason. Be interested in any comments please.
Cheers - Sandy