graciously volunteered herself to be a Roooby guinea pig. Thank you Sarah.
And it worked!!
Sarah bought a Gubba gardening bag and kneel pad with the Rooobys she earned by supplying the Ooooby Stall
It worked like this.
- Sarah brought along a basket of food from her garden with a list of what she had and how many.
- At the end of the day we would normally have paid Sarah 60% of the total sales for her produce in cash.
- This time however, we paid Sarah 100% of the total sales, but in Rooobys instead of cash.
- Rooobies have the same spending power at the Ooooby Stall as cash. 1R = $1
- So Sarah had 40% more spending power than if she took the cash.
- Sarah then used her Rooobys to buy the gardening equipment effectively getting a 40% discount.
- With her left over Rooobys, Sarah was given the option to leave them in her account or to redeem the original 60% in cash.
- After umming and ahhing a little, Sarah chose to leave the Rooobys in her account to spend on food and garden supplies next week.
If you have food from your garden that you would like to earn cash or Rooobys for, come on down to the Grey Lynn Market Ooooby Stall and we'll do a deal.