On 10/10/10 groups of people all around the world will gather to celebrate what their communities are doing to reduce their carbon footprint. We're hosting an event to promote urban gardening as great for people and great for the planet. We want to show Aucklanders how easy and enjoyable urban gardening can be and challenge those who aren't already doing it to give it a try.
Come along to:
* Plant a seed to take home
* See creative container gardening displays
* Hear from experienced urban gardeners
* Taste some garden-fresh healthy food
* Learn about how you can upcycle materials for a truly environmentally friendly garden
Bring the kids! This is a very family-friendly event and we're planning some activities especially for the kids.
Also on at the same venue: The Big Bike Fix-up. Check it out: http://www.350.org/350-big-bike-fix
If you're keen to get involved in running this event, or want to know more, contact Emily Harris: firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to have you on board, whether you're a experienced urban gardener or eager to learn with us.
Read more about the 10/10/10 Global Work Party.