Let us know what works and what doesn't work for you on the Ooooby site. We are planning upgrades so your feedback is invaluable.

Please leave your comments below. Positive and negative.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Pete
I must express my appreciation to have this awesome sight available, thanks for all the good work. Second, just a thought about the location map, perhaps you could have a total users figure below it to indicate how many people have placed their names on it ?

Thanks.
Glen.
hello Pete, I notice that there are often comments from new members who don't understand how Ooooby works because they haven't read the Start here item "stop email bombardment". Perhaps it could be renamed to "how to stay in touch" or something to that effect - perhaps a FAQ/user guide explaining that to send a PM, you need to be a friend of that person; that email notification must be requested, are not a default when you join a group. Love the site - it's totally addictive!
Thanks for the feedback Megan. Would it be possible for you to put into words the instructions that you are referring to? I'll pop it into an intro page. Thanks.

Megan said:
hello Pete, I notice that there are often comments from new members who don't understand how Ooooby works because they haven't read the Start here item "stop email bombardment". Perhaps it could be renamed to "how to stay in touch" or something to that effect - perhaps a FAQ/user guide explaining that to send a PM, you need to be a friend of that person; that email notification must be requested, are not a default when you join a group. Love the site - it's totally addictive!
Hello Pete, on the main page, it would be helpful to draw attention to the Start Here by changing the colour of the banner or increasing the size of the font, it's too easy to overlook at present.
Reword "First time Here" to Finding your way around Ooooby and moving it to the top line.
On the Welcome to Ooooby page, move "Check out the helpful Nooobys tips for using this site and getting started" to the top, beside the picture.
In the explanation "How will I know when new stuff is on the site?" make Settings a link
The instructions that you have written are fine, there's too much other interesting stuff vying for attention.
An FAQ/user guide page would just condense all the information on your Getting Started page, will work on that but don't hold your breath... :)
Like that?

Megan said:
Hello Pete, on the main page, it would be helpful to draw attention to the Start Here by changing the colour of the banner or increasing the size of the font, it's too easy to overlook at present.
Reword "First time Here" to Finding your way around Ooooby and moving it to the top line.
On the Welcome to Ooooby page, move "Check out the helpful Nooobys tips for using this site and getting started" to the top, beside the picture.
In the explanation "How will I know when new stuff is on the site?" make Settings a link
The instructions that you have written are fine, there's too much other interesting stuff vying for attention.
An FAQ/user guide page would just condense all the information on your Getting Started page, will work on that but don't hold your breath... :)
I'm impressed!
Yes, although what I wanted to say was to link the word Settings in the following sentence to the email settings page -
You can amend the emails you receive by clicking on the Settings link in the top right (when you’re logged in).
Thanks!
Oh yeah. I get it. Have you run a ning site before? Or would you know how to?

Megan said:
I'm impressed!
Yes, although what I wanted to say was to link the word Settings in the following sentence to the email settings page -
You can amend the emails you receive by clicking on the Settings link in the top right (when you’re logged in).
Thanks!
Have never run a ning site, how hard is it to learn without any previous experience? Am relatively computer literate from a user perspective. Not so good on the technical aspects.
I have recently joined up on facebook in the hopes of being able to keep the families updated with our coming and goings, especially those who do not live close by. Now facebook, doesn't allow particluarly long entries unlike here under the blogs. I like that. In the comment boxes we are only given so many lines to type on whilst we can keep going we are unable to see what we are typing. It would be nice to tidy that one up. All in all this is a great environment. Like Pete I think a diary tab for everyone would be good, currently I am using my blog as such
Hi Pete
Is there any way to get the thread topics to display newest posts first ? At the moment I need to scroll to the bottom of a responce chain to read the latest reply ?
Thanks.

RSS

What's Buzzing? 

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2020   Created by Pete Russell.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service