- Flexitarian: Someone who consciously cuts down the amount of meat / fish they consume without completely cutting it from their diet. Also sometimes called 'part-time vegetarian'
- Vegetarian: Someone who does not eat foods that necessitate the killing of animals.
- Pescetarian or pesce-vegetarian: a type of flexitarian who will eat fish but not meat
- Pollotarian or pollo-vegetarian: a type of flexitarian who will eat chicken and often also fish but no red meat.
- Vegan: This term was first coined by Donald Watson. It is a contraction of VEGetariAN and describes someone who does not eat dead animals or any animal derived products like milk, eggs, honey (ie an animal did not produce the food). Veganism is more a lifestyle than a diet. A lot of vegans will not use animal derived product like silk, leather, wool etc.
This group does not have any discussions yet.