I have finally uplifted "How to Build a Raised Bed Garden" onto http://www.lulu.com/content/5765889
where you can download it for free.
If we get it to the point of high demand, I will switch printers, but they charge the same price for 24 to 40 pages. Therefore, pages 24 to 38 are blank, and I am looking for collaborators to write on
• gardening tools (what, where to buy, make your own, historic tools),
• sun,wind and water control,
• good bugs and bad bugs,
• companion planting,
• sequential planting,
• isolation planting (what to put in a separate bed, like mint, to keep it from taking over),
• compost bins & composting & bocashi,
• topsoil (the art and science thereof),
• growing plants from seeds,
• seed-saving and heritage seeds,
• fruit trees, pruning and grafting,
• and canning.
These are just the topics I thought up, where I am not an expert. I will appreciate getting a page or so on each, and colour photographs are great. The book will cost
$13.50* to print (plus shipping), and I intend to add no royalty to the cost... although Ooooby may want to do so to raise some money.
At present, it can only be accessed by clicking http://www.lulu.com/content/5765889
to get the free download version or buying the printed version.
* Just checked on the price. What an increase! A while back Amazon said they would no longer list Lulu books because Amazon got into the business of Print on Demand with Create Space. This is called corporate bullying. Even though we don't use Amazon, Lulu caved in and raised their prices so Amazon can make a bundle. So the price went from $4.57 to $13.50. Maybe it's time to find a new book supplier. Anyway, the download pdf is still free.