Seed swap at 154 Old farm Rd. Please respond.

I can definitly offer you all the space here in Old Farm Rd on Sat 6th at 4pm,  for the seed swap and a cuppa. Friends of mine run a permaculture retreat out at Ruapuke ,Raglan and I hope they can donate some seeds for me to swap. They work with a lot of heirlooms.
But have only have had one person express any interest.  Please respond! I have it penciled in my diary.

You need to be a member of ooooby3 to add comments!

Join ooooby3

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Funny thing.This only got to my email/notification on 9th Nov. Would have loved to have come! maybe next time
    rana
  • We are planning to come along - we don't have many seeds to swap but it will be good to meet people.
  • I'll bring some seeds and seedlings.
  • Ah yes. You are on to it. We could do it that way, or..... how about making Blissballs which can be done dairy and gluten free.
    Here's the recipe if you're keen......otherwise we can just have chai and people can bring things. It's more about the seeds isn't it?...so whatever's easy for you I reckon.

Soak dates in boiling water til mushy. Drain water off. Then mash them with a fork.
    Add: Tahini, cocoa or carob powder, small amount of honey, chopped nuts or rice puffs, (LSA is an option) coconut if too sticky, and roll into balls in coconut...then refrigerate to make solid.

Easy as.
  • Wonderful! We would love to come along - thats 3 of us, maybe 4. I know they arnt seeds, but I have coffee bean sacks also & will bring them on Saturday 6th.
  • Hi Adhyatma.
    If you would like to take over organisation for this seed and seedling swap, please do! I contacted Jane at Waimarie yesterday to request their garden on Nov 6th but I have not heard back from her yet.
    My thinking is that there are quite a few spaces around Hamilton that would potentially be friendly hosts - Waimarie and the Environment Centre, but also the Fairfield Community House (which has a great organic garden), perhaps the Permaculture Backyard at the Ham Gardens and Greenspace in Te Aroha Street, and I am sure there are lots more! - and we could move the Seed and Seedling Swap around different venues as a way of encouraging connection and networking amongst ourselves and reaching out to people and groups we haven't met yet.
    Old Farm Road sounds excellent, by the way!
    Thanks,
    meg
    • Hi Meg,
      No thanks!! He he. I was just trying to support and be helpful by offering my space which is a communal yoga space anyway, as it seemed a bit risky to only have the Waimarie outside area in this time of year with the cold winds and rain....also it wasn't confirmed at that stage either...so I wanted to save you any more hassle. I didnt know the other options were available too. I think it's a great idea to rotate the venues for sure. Maybe when we meet we can nominate the next person to do the organising? And then rotate that job too! ?
      I understand it is a nightmare organising things like this electronically. I do it all the time with my work, so cant take on another venture! Look forward to meeting everyone.
      Adhyatma
    • Brilliant, Brilliant. So does it look like we are set for Old Farm Road, on Sat 6th November at 4pm! The only other thing to take into account is whether you are comfortable with me circulating this info? Last time the notice went out to HOGS (Hamilton Organic Gardeners), as well as to Hamilton Permaculture Trust and the Enivronment Centre. And it had a Facebook "event" page.

If that sounds okay to you, could you let me know the number Old Farm Road? Otherwise, let me know what your preferences are and I will adhere to those.

I will bring some supplies for labelling of plants/seeds!

Best,
      meg
    • Fantastic. Yes circulate it. We are pretty commonly known.

We are at 154 Old Farm Rd, Hamilton East. Right turn Off Cameron Rd. Park down the driveway. Look for a big old villa. Circulate garden once to find us inside or out!

I have been donated a huge bag of beautiful purely organic heirloom seeds from Parito Coastal Yoga Retreat to gift out. It's exciting!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's great to open up to the wider community and shifting our venues may well do this.

Do I even need to mention that we are a smoke free zone?

Warm Regards
      Adhyatma
  • Hi, I didn't make it to the last swap, but would like to come to this one, if only to meet everyone. I have a friend who I think will come with me as well. Will it be 1yro friendly?? I might need to bring my little one with me...
This reply was deleted.